|Material||Heat sensitive PVC|
|Card size||86 x 54 mm|
|Food contact compatible||No|
Rewritable cards allow you to reuse already personalized badges by erasing the marking and renewing it. This can be very useful in managing visitor badges or if you need to renew your cards regularly.
How it works?
Unlike other printable cards, rewritable technology does not require printing ribbon to personalize cards. The card itself contains thermo sensitive material that turns visible when heatedto a temperature of 180 ° C and then rapidly cooled.
Applying a lower temperature, usually between 110 and 160 ° C, will erase the marking. This process uses two chemical compounds that interact according to certain temperature thresholds. This process can be repeated, allowing the card to be reused and reprinted up to 500 times.
Good to know:
Rewritable cards therefore work with specific printers that use specific technology. If you have any doubts about the compatibility of your printer, please contact us.
What are the advantages of these cards?
Rewritable cards are known to be:
- Flexible: update your cards regularly with new information: texts, QR codes, etc.
- Economical: 2 advantages: you save the budget on printing ribbons and you benefit from a card that can be reused up to 500 times.
- Environmentally conscious: this system helps reduce the environmental footprint of PVC cards.
These cards comply with ISO CR80-7810 : their dimensions are 85.6 x 54 mm (standard size of a credit card) and thickness is 0.76 mm.
How to protect them?
In order to best preserve the properties of these cards, we recommend that you:
- Store them away from dust and direct sunlight, humidity and high temperatures.
- Do not place them near solvents or other chemicals.